Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hot Springs Hike

A couple of Robert's friends from California were in town so we decided to all get together and go for a hike. I remembered a fun hike up Diamond Fork Canyon to some hot springs. The day started out beautifully, the sun shining with a clear blue ski. It put Avery right to sleep.


The canyon was beautiful and we had a fun time chatting and reminiscing.
Then out of no where, this huge rainstorm blew in and rained us out. I wanted to continue on to the springs since we were literally 2 minutes away from them, however, one of Robert's friends got extremely spooked by the thunder and lightening, and when it started to hail we gave in, and turned back.
The rain storm turned into a monsoon in seconds, and we raced to get out of the downpour, while covering Avery as best we could with a towel.
Our trail transformed into a muddy stream we had forge through.

The crew after the rain let up, every single one of us was completely soaked through, along with all of our gear. As you can see we're all still happy though.
A little rain can't stop us Thompson girls!
All bundled and ready for home.

2 comments:

The Wies Family said...

I love the pictures of Avery zonked out...so sweet! She is seriously the cutest little baby! I love her so much! So what hike was this? Cascade Springs? I've been wanting to go up there for a hike, but definitely not in a monsoon! Looks like you guys had tons of fun anyway, despite the downpour.

Mom Keele said...

My what BIG eyes you have Avery! Kristal and Robert, I'm Glad you are raising another Kicka$$ Keele grand-daughter!