Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 16, 2009

Honeymoon!

Robert and I honeymooned to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada Mexico Baja Cruise.


Our ship was "The Monarch of the Sea", and the view from our little window was breathtaking.
San Diego was our first stop, we roamed around the city using the trolley system.

Our favorite stop was Catalina Island! This is the ferry we rode from the ship to shore, because the water was too shallow to dock.
Sea Kayaking in Catalina Island. We were looking for sea lions, but we didn't see any in the water

Robert and I sporting our sweet kayaking gear, it was a blast!
We had fun just roaming around the island, relaxing in the sun and talking with the locals.
We're definintely going to go back again and go para-sailing, snorkling, and scubadiving.When we were tired of walking around, we rented a golf cart (the main form of transportation for catalina Island residents) to explore the island more extensively.After leaving the beautiful Catalina we docked in "the Hole" known as Ensenada, which was the equivalent of a giant industrial park. The La Bufadora, or the "Blow Hole" was the ONLY beautiful part of Ensenada. We had to take an hour long bus ride out of the main city just to get to it, while listening to the worst tour guide ever.


The "Blow Hole" is a geyser that shoots up with the current, it's going off behind us.

Afterwards we explored the many shops that lined the streets. Best honeymoon ever!

4 comments:

The Wies Family said...

I am so glad that you finally updated your blog. It was fun seeing all your honeymoon pictures...I wish I looked that good in a bikini!!! I am jealous!

Heather said...

I'm going to have to agree with Kathy's entire comment. It IS nice to see that you finally updated and I also wish that I looked that good (as in EVER! even on my honeymoon, I may have looked good, but not enough to wear a bikini around town) in a bikini. Show off... ;) It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Sarai Stones said...

Looks like it was a blast! Your swimming suit is really cute!

Steven Keele said...

Looks like a totally fun and tropical time.